Saturday 8 August 2015

Ashes... England have won the Ashes.

As a young boy growing up, I knew not was it was like to defeat the Australians in a Test series. I'd heard about it from Dad and GrandDad; I'd seen highlights of previous quite famous victories which include the wonderful line of commentary I reference in the title. Now we know. Now we know many times. I'd have to sit down and actually work out how many times it's been since that wonderful summer of 2005 (has anyone mentioned that recently?). Ah, 5. Yes 5. (That's ironic, given they've been interspersed with a couple of shocking 5-0 reverses; shame those). That's a lot, isn't it. I'm looking forward to chatting with our Aussie developer again. I last spoke to him after the Lord's Test and he was all smiles and typical Aussie bad winning attitude (present company excepted, Andrew). The thing that REALLY bugs me about the Aussies being bad winners is that they tend to be really good, magnanimous, losers. It's incredibly frustrating when you want to rub their noses in it. Speaking of rubbing noses in it, let's hammer home a 4-1. It's not 5-0 but hey, it's the best we've got from here. PS - welcome back, Monty! http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2015/content/story/907957.html

1 comment:

  1. Hey, just seen you beat the All Blacks. That should have cheered up all up :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.