Tuesday 14 July 2015

Is Peter Siddle coming to Lord's?

Surely he would have done a better job that some in Cardiff?

And what about our mate Shane? Mitchell Marsh did well in the warm ups.
I did love Watson in the second innings, after calling for the review, turns to his partner and quite clearly says "Faaaaaaaack" as he shakes his head.
For the first time I actually really felt for him, instead of laughing at him for getting out the same way again. Can you imagine what that must feel like.

Also, can I take umbrage with the DRS 'umpires call'. Now I understand that umpires call is there for half a ball clipping the stumps. It's predictive technology and, therefore, they have a margin for error. This I like. What I don't like is saying that this particular LBW was umpires call when you could see about 9/10ths of the ball hitting leg stump. How is that umpires call? That's OUT! Surely they trust their technology more than that. If the seam is hitting, it's hitting, right?

Anyway, I can't wait until Thursday. I'm starting early so I can have the last hour of the morning in the canteen on the big screen, then the last 40 minutes of the afternoon in the Moon with some rum.
Friday: repeat.
Saturday: work, but there's a TV in an office at the end of the corridor which will be empty.
Sunday: won't it be all over by then? I hope so, the baby's getting christened. Handily at 1pm for half an hour. Maybe I can swing it. I hope the bar the missus hired for afterwards has Sky Sports!

1 comment:

  1. Won't be surprised if Siddle is in, can't wait for another day lets get this game going. Marsh is prone to injuries so let's see if Watson is needed down the track. Love the shhhhhhhh signs they are all doing just like the footballers.

    I think umpires call is good when Watson reviews an LBW hitting the middle of Middle

    Hope some good weather is about.




    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.