Monday 6 July 2015

All set to go

Can't reply to any posts - sorry lads.

Did you see any of the action against Essex, I see they have asked the young fella Cummins to come into the Australian squad.  He is an excellent talent, just been injured a lot due to his young body and high speed bowling.

He hasn't played for a while, but the Australians must have known Harris was never guaranteed.  This is all exciting stuff, can you throw  in a heat wave and a few seagulls for our boys so they feel a bit more at home.

It will be around 8pm down under when things get underway, and its  all on free view - thanks Channel 9.

Lots of sleepy bodies on the trains going to work after being up all night, whats going to be the big thing - Warner out for a duck?  Cooks off stump cartwheeling down the field after he is yorked.

And we have State of Origin this week clashing with the Ashes

2 comments:

  1. When I tried to comment it wouldn't let me. I clicked login, in the top right, which took me to the admin page. Clicked 'View Blog' and here I am commenting. Crazy stuff!

    What nit organised a State of Origin decider the same day the Ashes starts?! I suppose, given the times, it will be a warm up for you. All on FREE TO AIR TV! I'd have to pay £10 a month for 1 channel to watch Origin live.
    Maybe I'll get a VPN and watch Channel 9 live. Oh no, I'm at work.

    Anyway, this IS indeed exciting stuff. Who said having so many Ashes so close together would make it dull?
    Who dared to moan about the nature of our 3-0 in 2013? I loved it. We beat the Aussies 3-0. We'd all take that now, right? What's the point of an exciting and open brand of cricket if we lose at home for the first time in for AGES!

    And it's 10 years since that series. Can I be the first to say, simply, SIMON JONES!!!!

    I'm putting my vote for the exciting story of the day being Piggy Smith getting out for single figures in each of the first 2 matches. What happens then? Panic, crash and burn? Soar to new heights and even I will have to doff my cap to him?

    Joe Root to score a century. Ian Bell to score none. Aussie bowlers to score more than the batsmen? I wish I'd put money on that for the 5-0 reverse.
    Can we take Brad Haddin's wicket, ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. England XI: Cook (better take first guard, captain!), Lythe, Ballance, Bell, Root, Stokes, Butler, Ali, Broad, Wood, Anderson.
    For all the talk of new coaches and new brands of cricket, England's selectors will be very predictable.

    Australia XI:
    Warner, Rogers, Smith, Clarke, 5, 6, Haddin, Johnson, Starc, ??, Lyon
    5 and 6? Watson? Mitchell Marsh did well in the warm ups?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.